Saturday, March 12, 2011

one day until we come home.

Update from Peesh, out in the Raynham!

One more day. I feel similarly on the coping-with-society front - my week has consisted of jar-confused baristas, listening to Rosa ("just sounds like kids yelling"), drinking Wolavers with friends who are drinking Smirnoff Ice, dreaming about farming, and telling my mother's best friend about our skinned robotic horse Chauncey. I even showed her a picture.

But the video Russ sent out really got to me in an interesting fashion. Aside from the meat meat meat focus (I just don't really like meat), wow! I'd do that. Let's do that. We don't have to wait for Mikayla's proposed Slade-retirement-commune. We could literally just live like that. It looks a bit like what we would do if we didn't have reslife breathing down our necks.

After seeing that video and watching a few others on that site, I've been giving a lot of thought to videos and radio-shows as a means of education. Would anyone like to get together a few nights a week to listen to the Greenhorns radio? It's really cute and there are 60-something of them! Here is a link: http://www.heritageradionetwork.com/programs/7-Greenhorn-Radio

On another note, I'm pumped for warmth and when Slade gets too hot so we sleep outside and dream about tent-city. Tonight the clocks change, we get one more hour of light! That's rad. I'm so torn about doing school work when I could be dumpster diving and foraging and gardening and building a home for a bunch of pals who love living together and doing the same thing. Or maybe I'm just torn about Slade because we can do all that but we don't get to keep it. Ephemeral things, you know? They're beautiful.

See you tomorrow!
Peaches

P.S. look at this cool poster I found in my basement!


No comments:

Post a Comment