Monday, March 7, 2011

A Southern Update

This is Kelsey reporting from below the Mason-Dixon line.
It is 42 degrees here today. That is summer, right? I am enjoying the warm weather. I am enjoying not wearing my down jacket, my scarf, my mittens, my hat, and my two layers of tights. Even though, I am getting a good dose of vitamin D, I still miss my boogers freezing in Vermont.
Here is how I am coping with my Vermont separation:
1. Drinking Magic Hat
2. Drunkenly telling strangers about the mechanical Chauncey and the human Chauncey
3. Bonding with said strangers over Star Trek
4. Wearing Kait's Vermont Flower Show pin
5. Taking my jar to coffee shops (baristas too confused)

In other news, I went through some of my old things and found my alice in wonderland vhs, my complete illustrated lewis carroll book, and hello kitty's hair bows. Perhaps, I will bring those home.

On my way back from North Carolina yesterday, I saw these billboards:

"Everyone who is pro-abortion has already been born"
(Reagan quote)
and
"If it's not a baby, then you're not pregnant!"

what logic!

Tonight, Bread and Puppet is coming to Hollins University in Roanoke, so I will go show my Vermont love. Ironically, I have never seen Bread and Puppet in the state of Vermont.

~kale~say~ (this is really how my aunt pronounces my name with her southern accent)

the south will rise again - dad



p.s. I will read you bedtime stories out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment