Monday, May 30, 2011

Summertime

Hey Slade,

It's been a while. Two weeks, really, but it feel like a million years since cleaning the house top to bottom til four in the morning with Em, Eric, Tae, Jill, Jens, and even Owen. Two weeks is not long, but it also is so long. I think I really needed that last big clean in the kitchen and basement to feel like I could go. The kitchen has always felt like that part of my brain I retreat to when I need to be quiet for a while, and I'm going to miss it. I already miss it. It's hard to find a new space that feels the same weird timelessness that the kitchen had. Maybe there isn't one.

But right now, Kale and I are sitting in Viva Espresso dreaming about the garden and ice cream. Scratch that, too hot for dairy - we want Italian ice! The greenhouse is almost entirely planted with tomatoes and peppers and basil and tomatillos (that kale had a dream about!) and the garden it on it's way. It's been tough with all this crazy rain for weeks but we can do it! The amount of kale and spinach Kelsey took out of the greenhouse was incredible, so if you're around and like to eat those things let us know! Kale and peanut butter is a good to snack on in the shade.

Going to plant LOTS of BEANS today. Jens and Annie just walked into Viva, too! It's alright here in B-town, but I wish you were all here, too.

LOVE ALWAYS (Kelsey says that is an aggressive way to end this).
Peesh and Kale.

No comments:

Post a Comment