Monday, May 9, 2011

"It's like, if you give yourself, listen, nobody can blackmail you with anything. I'll never forget, you know, when I first started to really understand what this was all about, I just went to my parents and I just started confessing about stuff what I did like in the 2nd grade. Seriously. But we don't know what all that stuff, we're kids, man. All that repression. All that stuff just holding you. All that stuff talking...chained to that....But just from a child growing up with all that guilt. You know, and we think that's God, we think that's God telling us, "Feel guilty." God is saying; "Get free. Confess, man. Understand that, look, everybody is going through the same stuff, same issues, it's just a bunch of repression." And I'm saying, man, life is just, it's too valuable, man, for us to sit here in these boxes all repressed. You know, afraid to admit what we're really going through. I'm tired of that. I tell people, you know it's so funny...Yeah, I'm crazy and deranged. You know? And I'm free."
-Lauryn Hill (Outro, MTV Unplugged)

Came up on shuffle, she's a woman worthing listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment