Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I love talking about compost.

Update from Peesh, in the Davis Center/Death Star:

Today in a discussion group for my Sustainable Development class, we ended up talking about landfills. I pointed out that even organic matter (banana peels, hot dogs, lettuce) can be dug up say, 25 years later, and still be almost entirely intact because of the anoxic conditions. I also pointed out a few ways to avoid filling landfills (composting being one of them) and shared a bit of knowledge I gained in the NOFA VT compost workshop. Consequently, I ended up saying "I love talking about composting!"

The editor of the Cynic is sitting across the room. She pins me with a deadpan stare and slowly says
"I love. Talking. About. Composting."

The class finds this to be hilarious.

Such is my morning. I am now sitting outside the SGA finance office waiting to talk to Blanca about buying a compost tumbler through the Garden Club budget. 

(I really do love talking about compost.)

No comments:

Post a Comment