Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Energy to do things!

Update from Peesh in the Nook/Astrodome.

Just wanted to share some cool feelings about Keith McHenry coming to stay at Slade and his presentation about Food not Bombs. It was pretty mind-blowing, and I have all kinds of energy to do things like walk with a group of women to our senator's offices and tell them how much we don't like the idea of cutting Title X funding.

Some of that energy also went into relocating a lot of hooks out of closets to the outside of rooms on the third floor. I love dismantling/building things, especially when I can make something that is not very useful into something very useful! I'm using the heck out of that hook by the door now.

As part of the hook moving parade, us third-floordians had a hall decorating and cleaning party which resulted in some pretty spooky lighting and a Tea-station across from the bathroom. My next move is to make a shelf for all the body-cleaning products in the shower room, but one thing at a time. Maybe I should do something schooly, but I really am into these home improvements right now.

Other notes:
  • Hedonism day is coming up
  • Compost tumbler should be here soon
  • Talking to Chris about fixing the solar panels on the greenhouse
  • Fridge and the Spin$ show on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment